Tuesday, August 7, 2007

How To Get Around a Voice Response Customer Service System

I don't know about you , but I hate automated voice response systems. The worst of them all are the type that you have to talk to with no option of keying your account number or information. My most recent nightmare with one of these systems was in calling AT&T "customer service". Their system would not recognize my phone number or account number no matter how nicely I talked to their computer. When I finally got a hold of a human, I let them know how bad their system was and the person "we know and are working to improve it". Well, I think they should trash it, or at least go back to the old system that would at least be able to read your account number when keyed in.
Anyway, enough of the rage.. How do we get around this.

One of the best methods to get to a human is to press "0" (zero) at each prompt or say "operator" or "agent". You can also try to press "#" or "*" a few times. For more detail, here is a nice list of "customer service" numbers for companies and what to press or say to get to a human being:
http://www.GetHuman.com

And the most important thing you can do is let them know how frustrating and unhappy you are with their automated system!

No comments: